University of Cincinnati
My name is Michael A. Huber and I have the privilege of serving as the Charter President of the Association of Fundraising Professionals University of Cincinnati Chapter, or AFP-UC for short. AFP-UC will serve as the 38thcollegiate chapter in the country, in addition to being an officially sanctioned student chapter at the University of Cincinnati. Our mission at UC is simple, to educate their student peers about the impact philanthropy has on the UC campus, expose others to the field of fundraising/university advancement, and serve as resource to enhance the philanthropic activities that are already occurring on campus. We plan on fulfilling this mission by providing students with the best educational, professional, and social experiences as they relate to the field of advancement and philanthropy. With the support of the AFP Greater Cincinnati Chapter and the University of Cincinnati Foundation, we believe that we can have great success with our mission. If you are a student at the University of Cincinnati, I invite you to come to an AFP-UC meeting and see what our organization has to offer. If you are a supporter or member of AFP I thank you for the support that you have provided our organization already, and encourage you to continue your support. My personal contact information is listed below, please feel free to reach out with any comments, questions, or suggestions. Have a wonderful day.
In the Spirit of Giving,
Michael A. Huber
- Michael Huber: Chapter President
- Emmanuel Kimble: President-elect
- Tiffany Peterson: Secretary
- Ethan Fernandes: Treasurer
- Nicholas Wantsala: Communications
- Chelsea Hicks: Membership
- Sarah Ambach: Philantropy
- Steve Shin: Education
- Ben Fraley: Social
- Mike Bossart: At-Large
Who is Eligible to Join?
To qualify as a member, you must:
- Be enrolled in a degree-granting, certificate or diploma program at the University of Cincinnati (part-time graduate students are eligible unless they are working full time in a fundraising capacity for a nonprofit organization)
- Have a GPA of 2.3 (per UC and AFP regulations)
- Submit payment for membership in the amount of $50 ($35 for AFP Membership at the collegiate level & $15 for AFP-UC chapter dues).
How to Become a Member?
If you are a student who meets the eligibility criteria above and are interested in becoming a Collegiate Chapter Member, download an application.